Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Not Going Home: Drug Free Fashion

It's quite refreshing to see something fashionable, stylish and eye catching with a purpose. Recently the owner of health and wellness website www.NotGoingHome.com.au, Ruby Jacenko has released her own line of Drug Free Fashion which was just featured on the Clean and Sober float at the 2013 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.

I particularly love that it sends a great message out to young people who are struggling through peer pressure and saying that it’s okay and cool even to be drug free. The lesson to be learnt here is to follow a trend worth following with these tees that send a message out to everyone that drugs aren't cool!

I have 3 younger sisters and honestly I couldn't think of anything more daunting than seeing them, or any of my friends for that matter, suffer from the effects of drugs and I am glad they haven't! The Drug Free Fashion Line and Ruby were featured in an article for The Daily Telegraph and opening up with some personal experiences that inspired the line.


The fashion line includes quotes such as:

 The only Coke I do is Diet (my personal favourite featured below)
S ex, Drugs, Rock N Roll"
         Drugs Suck
         I would rather get high on shopping and sugar 


The slogans are printed on a mix of tees and sweaters and for women and men, great combo for you and a drug free partner! Check out the photos below.

Check the range out at: http://www.notgoinghome.com.au/store/

Sex, Drugs, Rock N Roll

I would rather get high on shopping and sugar

Drugs Suck


Since receiving my tee I was thinking of cool ways to style it. Today I chose a Lovisa Gold Chain Necklace, Guess Rose Gold Watch, Temt Black Shorts, Skechers GoWalks. Simple and casual yet stylish!

The only Coke I do is Diet

Haha. Love this.