Sunday, March 25, 2012

My Recent Purchases: Shopping on a budget

This week I decided to end my strike with shopping, and made a few staple purchases that will take me through this season so I thought I will share these with you. I'm usually the one to spend $100+ on a pair of shoes and have no problems with it, but since going back to uni and only working casually at the moment, those luxurious days are gone, for a little bit ;)

I had a bit of stressful week this week so thought I would spoil myself a little, I dont do it that often anymore. So during a break between my double shift I bought a few things that will lift my spirits, and they did indeed!

My first stop was Sportsgirl, my favourite fashion retailer and they definitely know it. When I first arrived in the store I said all I am buying is The Tan Commandments self tanning mousse because that's all I needed. Then I saw the cutest little hoody in the world, so I had to have that. It will go great on a freezing cold night and if you're anything like me and nothing can keep you indoors, this is for you!

I've needed a new uni bag since semester started so insert Charlie Work Bag here. Its not too big and heavy that it is going to weigh me down, at all! And the colour is this seasons must have, fell in love with it instantly. The other great thing is that I will look great and still carry everything I need.

Since leaving my Versace sunglasses at Melbourne Airport I cant bear to spend another few hundred on sunglasses, so Sportsgirl had a pair of Wild Catter Sunglasses (they look like cat eyes) that Ive been wanting to get my hands on since seeing Kourntney Kardashian sporting a pair in the Bora Bora episode of KUWTK. Lucky last, while at the counter they had their Pout About It Lipstick which I got in the Coral colour. Lipstick is one of those things that can brighten up your day after one application, I know it defs did mine!

Sportsgirl Ocelot Mini Bear Hat $39.95
Sportsgirl Charlie Work Bag Ox Blood $59.95


Sportsgirl Wild Catter Sunglasses $34.95



Sportsgirl Pout About It Lipstick Coral $9.95

I also stepped into Rubi Shoes, they had some cute scarves on sale for $10 with any purchase and I had to get a few, so I seen a pair of black loafers that were leather lined, which is rare for Rubi, so I thought I would try them out. And of course I got my scarves, they are defs a staple for Winter! Scarves are that great accessory that you pop on with a pair of jeans and a tee in Autumn and your outfit is transformed from casual to chic casual!
Nellie Eternity Scarf in Pink $10
Nellie Eternity Scarf in Tobacco $10
Rubi Shoes Black Talia Loafers $29.95
Lastly, I felt like a fresh new look for my bedroom and the best place to start I thought would be my bed. Kmart always have the most gorgeous bed sheets and always under $30 for a double or a queen set. Its definitely made my room more brighter and at such a low price you can't go wrong!

Enjoy the pics of all my fab new stuff!

A xx